The AHM 800 R is a formation rehabilitation machine for plain track with two excavating chains and integrated material recycling. New ballast is placed in a subsequent working pass. The machine performs the following stages of work in one operation:
- Removal of the upper layer of ballast
- Crushing this ballast and return
- Producing the finished sand-gravel mixture while checking the moisture content
- Excavation of the remaining ballast material and the upper layer of the subsoil
- Smoothing the new earth formation
- Installation of protective materials such as geotextiles, Styrofoam, plastic sheeting or geo-meshing.
- Installation of the formation protective layer